During Your Accutane Appointment
- Dr. Hooper or Dr. Jackson will discuss any side effect you are having, review your bloodwork, and e-scribe your Accutane directly to a specialty pharmacy.
- Be sure you discuss with nurses which pharmacy, so you have the phone number. We do our best to select the pharmacy that will stock your Accutane at a reasonable price.
After Your Accutane Appointment
(This part is for the government—we do not make the rules☺)
- Female patients: Once you’ve completed your visit, our nurses will log on to IPledge.com and change your status from “requires confirmation” to “confirmed.” We try to do this at the time of your visit, but we will have it done by 5 p.m. After we mark you as confirmed, you need to sign in to IPledge.com and answer questions within 24 hours. Answering your questions is required before the pharmacy can fill the prescription. Remember to click the same contraceptive forms in the same order each time you log onto IPledge.
- All patients: MUST fill the prescription within five days of your appointment. If not, the prescription will expire and you will be locked out for an entire month. Please call your mail order pharmacy if you have not heard from them within 24 hours of your visit.
- All patients: MUST come for your follow-up visits every 30-35 days. Your appointment day is Day 1. Book a follow up at day 30-35 or before you leave. If you miss this window, we are not allowed to send your prescription for that month. Your insurance only allows a 30-day supply of medication, so you may be out of pills for a few days prior to your appointment. This will not affect your outcome.