CoolSculpting® Pre-Care Instructions
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and that can get gel on them.
CoolSculpting® Post-Care Instructions
- Typically, there is minimal discomfort and recovery time after the CoolSculpting® procedure. Most patients are able to return to their daily routine immediately afterwards.
- The treated area may be red for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed.
- You may experience one or more of the following sensations: deep itching, tingling, numbness, tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area, strong cramping, nausea, bloating, diarrhea, muscle spasms, aching and/or soreness. Consult your doctor if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- We recommend wearing compression garments (Ex: Spanx, or Under Armour) for one to two days after treatment, especially if the abdomen or flanks are treated. This may help alleviate pain and decrease swelling. This does not affect the treatment outcome.
- In rare cases, patients have reported freeze burn, darker skin color, hardness, or discrete nodules in the treatment area.
- In extremely rare cases, patients have experienced Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia, or an enlargement of the treated area. Surgical intervention may be required to correct the enlargement. Treatment may cause new hernia formation or exacerbate pre-existing hernia, which may require surgical repair.
Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after the CoolSculpting® procedure and you will experience the most dramatic results after one to three months. Your body will continue to naturally process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure.
Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure can help prevent this.
Schedule a follow-up medical assessment to review your clinical results two to three months after your final treatment to discuss the option of additional treatments to achieve desired fat reduction.
Please call us if your symptoms appear to worsen or last longer than two weeks.