Injectable Pre-Care Instructions
The following are important treatment instructions for you to understand to help avoid unsatisfactory results and complications.
- If you are taking medications that may prolong bleeding, you may experience increased bruising at the injection site. You must avoid aspirin, NSAIDs (ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, etc.), vitamin E, fish oil, ginger, ginkgo, green tea, garlic, ginseng, or St. John’s Wort for 10 days prior to your treatment. PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU ARE TAKING ONE OF THESE BEFORE YOU ARE INJECTED. If you are prescribed any of these medications by a different physician, you must consult with them prior to stopping any medication.
- Arnika Forte tablets contain the herb Arnica and the pineapple-derived enzyme Bromelin, which help to minimize bruising and swelling. They can be taken one day before and up to seven days after your procedure, and can be purchased in our office.
- The safety of Botox®, Dysport®, Jeuveau™, or Xeomin® for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding has not been established.
- The safety of Botox®, Dysport®, Jeuveau™, or Xeomin® in patients with a history of excessive scarring (e.g., hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied.
Injectable Post-Care Instructions
To minimize your chances of a potential complication (such as ptosis, or drooping on the eyelid), it is highly recommended that:
- You do not lie down or bend over for at least six hours after treatment (for example, squat to tie shoe laces rather than bend over).
- You do not massage or put pressure on the injected sites. This includes wearing a hat.
- You do not take aspirin, Advil, Aleve, or ibuprofen for 24 hours, as it will increase your chances of bruising (take Tylenol if you experience a mild headache, which occasionally happens).
- You “exercise” your facial muscles by making frowning and/or “raised brow” expressions often for several hours after treatment.
You will not look different tomorrow! Look forward to your results starting to become visible in about 72 hrs. Full results can be seen in one to two weeks.