Instalift Pre-Care Instructions
The following are important treatment instructions for you to understand to help avoid unsatisfactory results and complications.
- If you are taking medications that may prolong bleeding, you may experience increased bruising at the injection site. You must avoid aspirin, NSAIDs (ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, etc.), vitamin E, fish oil, ginger, ginkgo, green tea, garlic, ginseng, or St. John’s Wort for 10 days prior to your treatment. PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU ARE TAKING ONE OF THESE BEFORE YOU ARE INJECTED. If you are prescribed any of these medications by a different physician, you must consult with them prior to stopping any medication.
- Arnika Forte tablets contain the herb Arnica and the pineapple-derived enzyme Bromelin, which help to minimize bruising and swelling. They can be taken one day before and up to seven days after your procedure, and can be purchased in our office.
- If a laser treatment, chemical peel, or any other procedure based on active dermal response is considered three to seven days before or after treatment, there is a possible risk of an inflammatory reaction at the treatment site.
- Instalift™ should be used with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy, or therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as there may be an increased risk of infection.
- The safety of Instalift™ for use during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or in patients under 18 years has not been established.
- The safety of injectable fillers in patients with a history of excessive scarring (e.g., hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied.
Instalift™ Post-Care Instructions
- Apply cold packs immediately after the procedure if required (cold packs should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion point)
- Take Tylenol in case of pain (two to three days)
- Refrain from applying makeup for as long as possible (minimum 24 hours)
- Sleep face up, in an elevated position on pillows (three to five nights)
- Wash and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging (five days)
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements (two weeks)
- Avoid overexposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds (two weeks)
- Avoid sports, in particular, high impact sports, including running (two weeks)
- Do not use saunas (three weeks)
- Avoid dental surgery (three weeks)
- Avoid face and neck massages and face and neck aesthetic treatments (four weeks)
- Soft foods, no chewing gum (one week)