Acne is a skin condition that varies in severity and subtypes. It occurs when oil clogs the pores of the face, neck, chest, back or upper arms, and is complicated by bacteria, hormones, and other inflammatory conditions. The condition can be caused by heredity, stress and other factors. Acne is common in teenagers, but can happen at any age. It is also very treatable.
Rosacea is most often seen in patients over 30. It may begin as a tendency to blush or flush easily. It can progress to rash-like areas of pimples and visible blood vessels on the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin.
What We Do
Depending on your personal needs, Acne and Rosacea treatments at Audubon Dermatology may involve one or more of the following:
- Topical Antibiotics and Retinoids
- Oral Antibiotics and Anti-Inflammatories
- Over-the-counter- Hydroxy Acids, Retinoids, and other Cosmeceuticals.
- Hormone medication, including birth-control pills
- Isotretinoin (for more severe cases)
- Laser Treaments for Active Acne, Acne Scars, or Facial Redness.
- Chemical Peels
- Photodynamic Therapy
Dr. Hooper and Dr. Jackson will determine which treatment options will best treat your Acne or Rosacea.
Some treatments are not covered by insurance.
Before & After Photos
The following photos show before and afters of Rosacea treatments.
For more information about Acne and Rosacea:
- Dr. Jackson Discusses Teenage Acne
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD.org) – Acne
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD.org) – Rosacea